Last updated on October 24, 2023
Picture this: you’re a go-getter, a trailblazer, a self-made entrepreneur constantly on the move. It’s your usual crazy Monday, and it dawns on you that you’ve hopped between client meetings, lunch dates, and supply runs without keeping track of your miles. Oh snap!, you think, How on earth am I going to log all those miles for the IRS? Well, fret not, for we’re about to spill the beans on a pretty nifty trick that’ll save your bacon.
A Love Affair between Google and Your Phone
To track or not to track, that is the question. Whether you’re a gig worker, freelancer, small business owner, or entrepreneur, location tracking has likely crossed your mind at some point. You’ve probably wondered, Can I track my phone? – and by golly, the answer is yes! We’re not talking about some fiddly, high-tech snooping system. Nope, we’re singing praises for the good old Google Timeline.
In essence, Google Timeline is your personal stalker – in a nice way, of course. It keeps an eye on your comings and goings, kind of like an overly attentive mother-in-law, except without the judgment. It’s a handy-dandy tool that records your location history using your smartphone.
Track My Phone – Google’s Gift to the Forgetful Freelancer
Google Timeline uses the location data from your phone to create a timeline of your whereabouts. It’s a cinch to set up and easier than pie to use. It’s the bee’s knees for anyone constantly on the move, especially for those of us who can’t remember what we had for breakfast, let alone where we’ve been all day!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or in this case, when Google gives you a timeline, make a mileage log. You’re probably scratching your head wondering how the heck you can turn your Google Timeline into an IRS-proof mileage log. Well, pull up a chair, and let us introduce you to MileageWise.
MileageWise – Your Golden Ticket to IRS-Proof Mileage Logs
MileageWise is a state-of-the-art app designed to make mileage tracking as easy as ABC. It’s a lifesaver for all you busy bees out there, saving you from the drudgery of manual log creation and the dread of an IRS audit.
And here’s the kicker – you can import your Google Timeline directly into MileageWise. It’s like turning water into wine, but instead, you’re turning your location history into a fully-fledged, 100% IRS-proof mileage log. It’s a match made in heaven!
How to Hitch Your Google Timeline to MileageWise
Buckle up, folks. We’re going to show you how to make MileageWise and Google Timeline walk down the aisle. Importing your Google Timeline into MileageWise is a piece of cake. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps:
- Go to Google Takeout
- Search and Choose Location History
- Pick JSON as Your Export File Format
Go for the JSON file format when exporting your Google Takeout mileage log
- Decide on a Compression File Type, Export Frequency, and File Destination
Pick your preferred file type for compression (we suggest a ZIP file), set your desired export rhythm, and choose where you want the file saved on your computer
- Transfer the JSON file via MileageWise’s Fixed Trip Import: Once you unzip the ZIP file on your computer, you’ll notice it’s organized into folders and subfolders by years and months – you’ll easily locate the JSON file for the specific month you want to create a mileage log for.
- Import the chosen JSON file into MileageWise via the Fixed Trip Import option, and your IRS-compliant mileage log is merely a few clicks away.
- Let MileageWise’s Mileage Log Tax Preparation Service Assist You in Creating an IRS-Proof Mileage Log from Your Exported Google File. MileageWise’s stellar Mileage Log Tax Preparation Service is ready to lend a hand in turning your exported Google file into an IRS-proof mileage log.
Wrap It Up
In conclusion, track my phone is not a far-off, sci-fi fantasy. It’s as real as the tax deductions you stand to benefit from using MileageWise. So, put your worries to rest and let Google Timeline and MileageWise take the wheel. Your mileage logs will thank you, and so will your peace of mind.
Go on then, give it a whirl and see how this dynamic duo can simplify your life!
Download MileageWise’s automatic mileage tracker app from Google Play or the App Store & try it for free for 14 days. No credit card required!
Similar blog posts
- Your Guide to Exporting Your Google Maps Saved Places - March 28, 2023
- Google Mileage Tracker? Turn Your History into Mileage Logs - August 22, 2023
- What's The Best Uber Eats Mileage Tracker App? - September 8, 2023
- How to Use Google Maps Timeline for Mileage Tracking - November 11, 2022
- Unlock the Power of My Location Tracking with MileageWise - July 8, 2023