- The Operator shall keep confidential any personal data provided by the User in the framework of voluntary data providing, and shall use it only to the extent necessary for the identification of each User and for the successful completion of the services.
- By providing the data voluntarily and subscribing to the monthly Newsletter, the User expressly agrees including, but not limited to receiving email(s), newsletter(s) sent by the Provider about its services, unless the User explicitly requests that such messages be blocked. The User may opt-out of the option of receiving newsletters at any time.
- The Operator declares that it will handle the data obtained through the Website and Mobile App in accordance with the prevailing law in force, with special regard to the provisions of the up-to-date Data Protection Laws (i.e. any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive), California Online Privacy Protection Act).
- The Operator shall keep the data provided by the User in a secure manner and take precautionary measures to protect the User’s personal data and to prevent any loss, unauthorized use, or alteration thereof.
- In order to improve the Website, on the Website, an anonymous visit ID (COOKIE) is used. The “cookie” (COOKIE) is stored on the Website visitors’ computer, which allows a program to analyze information about the use of the Website. The data is analyzed anonymously in an unidentifiable manner.
- Users of the Website with accessing (opening) the Website expressly accept the fact of the former described data processing or, if they wish to exclude the former, may configure their web browser to prevent the COOKIE from being saved to the computer’s hard drive, with the acknowledgment, that in some cases the full Website will not be viewed properly as the result of the formerly mentioned act.
- The Operator deletes the User’s personal data immediately upon the User’s request sent to the Operator electronically or by post.
The information obtained shall be used by the Operator solely for the purpose of improving its services and the Website.
NATURE OF THE DATA COLLECTED
We may collect the following data from the Users:
- Phone number;
- Vehicle – year/make/model;
- License plate number;
- Company name;
- Billing information (name, billing address, and email address). We do not receive or store credit card or banking information (number, expiration, security code, routing number, account number, etc). Payment information is submitted directly to our payment processors;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected).
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF DATA MANAGEMENT
- The purpose of data management is to provide service(s). We may use Data for the following reasons:
(i) identifying the customer/user and distinguishing them from other customers/users;
(ii) communication, notification of related or new services in the case of eDM consent;
(iii) testing and measuring customer satisfaction;
(iv) facilitating the customization of the Service;
(v) sending system messages related to the Service;
(vi) in the case of special consent, direct advertisement-related marketing approach (eg newsletter, eDM,.);
(vii) in the case of a purchase opportunity (www.mileagewise.com), creation of the contract, the definition of its content, leasing of the use of the ordered product, using the given and ordered bonuses;
(viii) participation in events and related services (such as taking photos, videos);
(ix) Membership Services, Bonus Programs;
(x) promoting third party products without disclosing data.
- The collection and processing of personal data in connection with the use of certain services provided for consideration are based on and in accordance with the law. Unless otherwise stated, data management is based on the User’s voluntary consent. Marketing contributions are recorded separately and can be separated from customer status.
- The User is solely responsible for the authenticity and accuracy of the personal data.
- The scope of personal data managed by MileageWise Inc. is influenced and partly determined by electronic commerce, accounting, and advertising rules.
- Certain services may only be used after registration, which involves the collection and processing of personal information that was individually selected to be provided or as necessary to provide during registration.
- Some additional services (such as bonuses) may only be registered and subscribed to by subscribing to the newsletter related to the service or to other direct advertisement-related marketing approaches, while other services may include subscribing to a newsletter or other advertising message.
- Usage and complaints are facilitated by a separate customer service, which may be separate for each product.
- In order to facilitate the user experience, various cookies (such as a session or persistent browser cookie, flash cookie, etc.) may be placed in order to fully use the potential of the Website/Mobile App.
THIRD-PARTY DATA SHARING
The Operator may share your data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees: for the purpose of improving the Website and Mobile App;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website: to enable third party payment providers to process user payments;
- we may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, in the event of a court order, search warrant or subpoena or if it is necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of the Operator, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
DATA TRANSFER TO THE U.S. OR OTHER COUNTRIES
Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where the Provider has facilities. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
RIGHTS RELATED TO DATA MANAGEMENT, MEANS OF REDRESS
A. Modifying, Deleting, and Locking of Data
- The User may at any time modify or request rectification of his/her data at the contact details located under the “Contact Us” section of our website. We use good faith efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days after its receipt.
- Except for the mandatory data management, the User may delete his/her personal data or request the deletion or blocking of his/her personal data at the specific contact(s) and mode(s) (eg user account, email, etc.). In some cases, the early deletion of personal information is equivalent to a loss of entitlement (eg bonuses).
- The personal data of the customer/user will be deleted if their processing is suspected to be unlawful (eg in violation of the Competition Act or any criminal law); the purpose of data management has ceased to exist; or the statutory period for storing the data has expired; it has been ordered by a court or if the data processing is incomplete or incorrect – a condition that cannot be legally remedied – provided deletion is not excluded by law. Special data is not recorded by our system and will be automatically deleted.
- Contributions to direct marketing or marketing requests containing business advertising may be revoked individually at any time without limitation and justification by request type (eg newsletter, e-DM, etc.), free of charge, at the bottom of the letters, in the same way as a subscription. Customer relationship management cannot be terminated as long as the data management obligation is required by law.
B. Requesting information
- The User is entitled at any time to request information about his / her personal data processed in connection with the Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MileageWise Inc. shall, upon the User’s request, provide information about the User, the data processed by MileageWise Inc. or by the entrusted data processor in connection with the given Service, its source, purpose, legal basis, duration, data processor’s name, and address, its data processing activities, the legal basis and the addressee of the data transfer, in accordance with the Complaints Management Policy.
C. Protest against the processing of personal data
- The User may object to the handling of his personal data
a) if the processing or transfer of personal data is only necessary for the fulfillment of the relevant legal obligation of MileageWise Inc. of data management or necessary to assert the legitimate interest of the data controller, the data recipient or a third party, except in the so-called case of mandatory data management;
(b) if the personal data are used or transmitted for the purpose of direct marketing, opinion polling or scientific research; as well as
(c) in other cases specified by law.
2. If the data management has been ordered by law (e.g. accounting), the data controller may not delete the User’s data; however, the personal data will not be forwarded to the data recipient if he or she has consented to the protest or the court has declared the protest justified.
C. Regulatory redress
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
All data is stored in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), which has achieved ISO 27001 certification.
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Headquartered in Seattle, WA 98108-1226, USA