Are you paying attention to these common mistakes in your mileage log?
- Did you drive more miles between two refuelings than is possible with the amount of gas in your tank?
- Did you record your odometer readings?
- Do the odometer readings equal the number of miles you’ve driven?
- Have you started your car in the morning where you parked it in the evening according to your mileage log?
- If someone were to calculate your mileage using only the data provided by your gas receipts would that number be consistent with the mileage you’ve recorded in your mileage log?
- Are the tracked distances between your partners realistic?
- Do you record unusually long trips?
- For example: did you refuel in Dallas but stayed in Las Vegas?
- Have you calculated with the correct standard mileage rate, which is issued by the IRS yearly?
- Would your average speed based on the sum of your daily driven miles be lifelike?
Unfortunately, these errors listed above are so easy to spot that even a beginner IRS auditor can notice all of them. What would happen in the case of a thorough inspection?
There’s a solution!
With our unique AdWise technology you can get a recommendation for your forgotten trips, and before we let you finalize your monthly mileage log, we’ll investigate and correct (just like a real-life IRS Auditor would) a total of 70 logical conflicts including the above-mentioned ones to make sure your mileage log is IRS-proof!
The Built-In IRS Auditor is NOT connected to the IRS!
The Built-In IRS Auditor function is aa real life saver when retrospectively reconstructing your mileage logs, as the software can complete even hopelessly deficient mileage logs quickly. Meeting every expectation.
You do not have to give up on claiming a tax return on your car expenses!
Moreover, if the Web Dashboard and the Mileage Tracker App are not enough, save your time and have our experts prepare your IRS-proof mileage log draft, which we will deliver every month on time, guaranteeing that the outcome will withstand any audit. Unchanged: Moreover, if the web dashboard and the app are not enough, save your time and have our experts prepare your IRS-proof mileage log draft, which we will deliver every month on time, guaranteeing that the outcome will withstand any audit.
The most common errors we monitor and correct:
- The difference between the distances recorded in the whole month and in each refueling section
- The difference between the distance that can be covered based on the amount of fuel refueled and the distance traveled between refuelings
- The difference between the last destination of the day and the starting point of the next day
- Missing odometer readings at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month
- The odometer reading recorded in official places does not match the odometer reading indicated in the mileage log (e.g. Car Mechanic, Vehicle Safety Inspection)
- No life-like trips included in the mileage log only unusually long ones
- No refueling is recorded
- More refueling recorded, than it possible based on the vehicle usage habits and the miles traveled
- Partner distances are not lifelike
- Missing trip purposes for fixed trips
- Statutory company, vehicle or personal information is missing from the mileage log
- Based on the recorded trips, the average daily speed is not realistic
- The number of trips recorded per month is not realistic
- Official IRS Standard Mileage Rates and current legislation are not taken into account in the preparation of the mileage log.