- Actual Expense MethodThe deduction of actual vehicle expenses, including depreciation, licenses, tires, garage rent, gas, oil, towing, insurance, vehicle registration fees, lease payments and fees, and repairs.
- AdWiseMileageWise's AI-powered function that recommends realistic trips based on your driving habits to fill in the missing gaps in your mileage log for an IRS-proof result.
- Business expensesThe IRS defines business expenses as ordinary and necessary costs incurred to operate your business.
- Business mileageMiles covered for business-related purposes. (deductible!)
- Car allowanceA sum of money that an employer offers a worker who needs to utilize a vehicle for work purposes.
- Charity mileage rateThe deductible cents per mile driven for charitable purposes provided by the IRS.
- Concierge ServiceMileageWise's premium service where our mileage log experts take on the task of creating your mileage logs for you.
- Drivers' logbookA truck driver's paper record that lists the time spent on duty, behind the wheel, and in a sleeping berth.
- Excel mileage logA mileage log in the form of an Excel spreadsheet.
- IRS AuditAn IRS audit is a review/examination of a company's or person's financial records to make sure the data is reported accurately in accordance with the tax regulations and to confirm the stated tax amount is accurate.
- Medical mileage rateThe deductible cents per mile driven for medical purposes provided by the IRS.
- Mileage calculatorCalculates the driving distance between two locations.
- Mileage deductionA type of tax deduction to include on your IRS tax return. It's intended to cover all your costs associated with using your car for work-related objectives.
- Mileage logA record of the miles driven in a vehicle used for business that is used to support deductions for vehicle usage. You can use a mileage log to request mileage reimbursement or a tax deduction.
- Mileage reimbursementWhen businesses compensate workers for driving-related expenses, which include fuel costs, maintenance, and vehicle depreciation.
- Mileage trackerA tool, usually in the form of a software/application used for tracking miles driven.
- Mileage tracker appA mobile application used for manually or automatically tracking your miles driven.
- Moving mileage rateThe deductible cents per mile driven for moving purposes provided by the IRS.
- Per diem allowanceFunds provided to employees in order to cover their travel-related accommodation, food, and incidental costs.
- Personal mileageMiles covered for personal purposes. (non-deductible!)
- Retrospective mileage logA mileage log created from a prior period.
- Standard Mileage RateThe standard mileage rate is the cost per mile that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) sets for those who claim the use of a vehicle as a deductible expense.
Mileage Tracker App
This mileage tracker app knows everything other mileage trackers know. Plus, you can create mileage logs from scratch or pieces to support your past mileage claims. Create your IRS-proof mileage log in only 7 minutes/month!
AI-powered AdWise technology for past trip recovery, built-in IRS auditor that checks and corrects 70 logical contradictions in your mileage log before printing – this is how MileageWise makes sure you’ll have 100% IRS-proof mileage logs!
IRS Mileage Log Requirements: The Definitive Guide
February 1, 2023 If you use your personal vehicle for business purposes, the IRS allows you to deduct a part…
IRS Mileage Guide: The Definite Manual to IRS-Proof Mileage Logging
Introduction If your drive a car for business, you could be eligible to claim the expenses on your federal income…
Vote for MileageWise at The Best Mobile App Awards 2022
We’re proudly announcing that: MileageWise has been nominated for The Best Mobile App Awards 2022. It’s certainly great news and…